Thursday, May 7

The Scandalous Life Of Manhattan Elite

Ceh.. tajuk macam Gossip Girl.
But its not about Gossip Girl and Georgyna is back for good?OMG!(Adreen spill no more or not a heart maybe broken)

About scandals.
Why do we refer two people who happen to date as scandal?
I find the word scandal is kinda harsh because to me, scandals or flings are temporary and you don't really have real feelings for your scandal.
Like this ex-scandal once told me "you are just my scandal, Ad"
and it did hurt to know that because at that moment I did totally fell for it.

So if my calculations plus experience is right a scandal can last between 3 to 6 months (which I wouldn't wish to happen at my state of happiness at the moment). Then find a new one. When the new one gets boring and the old one looks more interesting, go back to the old one.

Or even a more classic example, have a scandal with someone -> leave the scandal for a stable relationship -> relationship gets messy -> break up with a bf -> go back to the old scandal.


Why am I bringing up this issue?

Because something like this occured :

someone:ko dengan die ape cite? scandal eh?
me: err no.
someone: dah tu ko date ngan die.
me: memang la. tapi tu bukan scandal sebab aku ada perasaan kat die.
someone: so ko panggil tu ape?
me:entah la tapi bukan scandal la.


Basically, it does not mean if two people are dating they have to be scandals. They are not in a relationship but just dating. As simple as that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a scandal with someone -> leave the scandal for a stable relationship -> relationship gets messy -> break up with a bf -> go back to the old scandal.

haha. classic.

tun izyan dalila said...

complicated nyer hidup ini :D
hope you get to know true love and not scandals or relationships that is vague.

Shira-chan said...

I've never liked the word "scandal". To me it always indicated cheating, or something inappropriate. hmm.

thefreedictionary.com:
scandal: "A person, thing, or circumstance that causes or ought to cause disgrace or outrage"

I don't think how most ppl use the word "scandal" is accurate at all. Or maybe in our traditional society, dating without any form of permanent commitment is in itself a scandalous act?

cik lanun

My photo
I used to believe that we can live on clouds.