Sunday, October 4

highschool sweetheart

I was listening to crush by mandy moore and it reminded me how giddy most of us girls used to be back in high school.
Giddy when we bumped into our crush that is. The feeling is so innocent and butterflies in tummy all the time. Its like I wanna be with you but I'm too shy.

Back then in 2000, I remembered I had a crush on this really cute guy and being all head over heels everytime he passes by my class.Pass by je tau. Not talk to. Ok I admit it there was mrs.xxx written in my note book :P Sounded insanely ridiculous because how can I like someone who I never talk to. I blame hormones. haha.

But somehow I ended up with an *ugly duckling during my high school years. Well personality matters? My gfs were like what are you thinking adreen?! But don't give a shit coz he's just plainly sweet to me. Statement perasan here : I always date the less good looking ones but after WE break up, he'll be good looking tetiba and i was like daymn!

Anyway. Like seriously who would put small soft toys key chain yang super cute under your desk once a month/week (tak ingat but selalu dapat)? Seriously pagi2 masuk class ada soft toy key chain bawah desk was so surprising :D And a valentine's card that's half size of your body length? And those cute little cards/notes almost all the time. Balik from school sama-sama is a must. And sumpah innocent gila coz we don't even dare to hold hands.

Back then my parents were really strict on me. I didn't really have the privileges like my sister have now. I can't go on dates. If I wanted to, I'll have to bring the whole gang out. So usually I'll have my two best friends with me. Even on dates.

This is the part where mintak couple have to be somewhere special. So he wanted to bring me to probably the fanciest restaurant in shah alam and pop up the question. Sounded romantic eyh? But I had to bring my two best friends. He had to ask for me infront of them. Embarrassing but you want the girl, do it her way. It was cute in a weird sense. But that was back then.

Now days, as we grow old sometimes we don't even declare it or mintak couple tepi longkang bawah block perempuan or in the car on the way pegi mcd pastu tak de flakes. Tak de nye over candle lit dinner with a bunch of roses. Its like does the place matters? What matters is who you're with in the end of the day. awwww....

To you who have made my high school exciting and fun, thanks. And yes I still loveeee surprises.



*ugly duckling - you weren't so good looking but after some years you grow up to be incredibly handsome. applies to those who dated me around 2001-2004 :P

2 comments:

iLLy said...

not after 2004??

Adreen Nordin said...

nope. hahaha.. ee mean. but totally handsome after 2009 :P

cik lanun

My photo
I used to believe that we can live on clouds.